Re: Danada Equestrian Center

by Steven W Loney <steve(at)thewebguy.ca>

 Date:  Fri, 06 Dec 2002 12:37:53 -0600
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Michael... brutal opinionated honesty is my forte!

however, I don't see very much to criticize and the rollover inconsistency
has already been noted.

I also agree that image rollovers should be replaced with text links. I
would rather spend my load time seconds on content rather than navigation.

Beyond that I would lose the visited color change on links and center all
the tables. A well designed site with intuitive navigation really doesn't
need to prompt people with reminders about where they have been. At
1024x768 the site starts to get rather lopsided with all the empty space to
the right. Global stats at thecounter.com show 39% of the 348,550,537
visitors tracked in Nov/2002 are using this resolution.

Just to clear up any possible confusion from another response... given the
same positioning, size and shape settings for different monitors, 800x600
resolution will display a page with the same scroll bars no matter what
size the monitor.

Steve
www.thewebguy.ca