Re: crit for dev.nplains.com

by Steven W Loney <steve(at)thewebguy.ca>

 Date:  Thu, 02 Jan 2003 15:30:22 -0600
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
win2000prof, IE6, 800x600, 1024x768

I normally don't comment on what I like in a "critique".... but I really
like the home page graphic... colors, images and the way all other graphic
elements seem to key on those colors. Very warm & friendly.

Get rid of the two paragraphs of text content... it's in "about us". A home
page should only include:
-elements required to give visitors direction to the content they want
(navigation)
-content that creates a positive look/feel (graphics)
-information every visitor will want to see
The text content is none of these things.

Unless the Basin Electric Power Coop has paid money to have this site
developed... get rid of that link on every page... leave it in the links page.

Site creation & hosting credits are a disservice to the client. This site
is about their business. Using it to promote your own business is a good
way to let people know one of two things. Your sales and marketing
expertise/knowledge is weak or you're willing to take advantage of clients
whose sales and marketing expertise/knowledge is weak.

out of time
Steve