Re: Site critique

by Steven W Loney <steve(at)thewebguy.ca>

 Date:  Sat, 04 Oct 2003 22:44:40 -0500
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
David... I'll just jot short notes as I move around.

IE6.0 1024x768

The link colors are a problem.
Contrast is poor for all of them and the visited link color pretty much
makes the link unreadable.
I see three colors (plus the visited link color)... choose one link color
and one font (lose the graphic links at the top).

ruffryd.png is actually 114x58... not 110x55 as on search.htm. The graphic
is also rather small for a logo in the space you've placed it and the
justification is not consistent.

Member images are unreasonably large (usually over 200K and 1248x1194) are
badly in need of retouching to improve quality and why not show members
skating (candid shot) rather than stiffly posed standing against a wall.
They don't look like they are having fun... ergo this club is not much fun.

Members_cont.htm needs to be centered justified and requires a back link to
consistently... same with bolding the member write-up. Underlining
indicates a link so remove it elsewhere.

I like logo.jpg & footlogo.jpg plus your use of color... except as noted
above ;-)

Steve