Re: CSS and table cell borders

by Liz Bartlett <khyri(at)idyllmtn.com>

 Date:  Mon, 13 Jan 2003 21:36:50 -0800
 To:  "Beth Adler" <doglover(at)cgmailbox.com>,
"HWG Critique" <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:03 PM 1/13/03 -0700, Beth Adler wrote:

>I can also put 'border-right: solid 1px #000080' (or border-bottom or
>whatever) in the stylesheet for all the td cells (except the last column),
>which allows me to do exactly what I want, but I'd have to go through and
>add 'class="list"' to every one separately (34 rows x 5 columns = 170
>times!).  Since I have several tables other than this one, I can't use
>search and replace.

Put 'class="list"' on the table itself, and then the stylesheet
can have .list td { border-right: solid 1px #000080; } which
will apply the style to all tds contained within objects that
have a class of 'list'.

--Liz

P.S. Obj.unix - vi allows you to search and replace within a defined
range of lines in a file - aren't there other text editors that do this?
If you select a portion of the file with a mouse, can't you search and
replace all instances within the selection only?