Re: Non-Profit site requests comments.

by Norman Bunn <norman.bunn(at)craftedsolutions.com>

 Date:  Fri, 22 Aug 2003 09:45:13 -0400
 To:  "Graphical Dreams" <dreamer(at)on-z.net>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 07:28 PM 8/21/2003, Graphical Dreams wrote:
>Greetings all. I usually lurk, but this one rare time I need input, opinions
>and comments on a site that I've recently done.  It's for a local
>non-profit, and I donated my time gladly. The non-profit is thrilled with
>the site, as am I honestly... but then I usually love my own work.  What
>does everybody else think?
>
>http://user.cavenet.com/ivsha/
>
>Sincerely,
>Mary Hickey
>Graphical Dreams

Mary,

I find the font size a bit too small and the navigation somewhat confusing
.  For example, from the home page I choose "Protect Yourself On Line",
but, when I get to that page, you have a title that says, "Procedures to
keep others from knowing you have visited the site."  I would expect the
original choice to be reinforced here; the new title confuses me.  The
sub-navigation on this page has links to "IE 4 and above for Mac" and
"Netscape", but I am running IE 6 on Windows, so I don't know what to
do.  I click on one of these and am routed to a section of the page, but
there is no heading, so I don't know if I am in the right place.  Also, the
way the navigation is designed I need to return to the main page to go to
another section.  In general, the navigation needs to be revamped.

A few more things.  Not sure you can place a copyright date for a future
year.  There is not enough contrast on the "1000 Friends for Safety" list
to make it easily read.  Why are there separate links for a snail mail
newsletter and an email one?  On the domestic violence page, I would put
some space between the arrows and the text,

I hope these suggestions help.

Norman
www.CraftedSolutions.com
803-405-1008