Re: miserable news site ;-(

by sixten(at)4u.net

 Date:  Wed, 13 Jan 1999 05:17:28 -0500 (EST)
 To:  killian jenkins <killian(at)ilikethis.cz>
 Cc:  HWG Critique List <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi, Killian,

Visited PBJ with NC4.06, P133, 1280*1024*256, and a fast connection (T3?).

 ---- you wrote:

http://www.album.cz/preview/pbj
> --

Miserable? I think not! I'm no expert, but in my eyes it looks quite interesting, nicely done. Maybe those restrictions just were good for you. ;-)
The pages loaded quickly, even to Finland.

There are a few things I want to comment on, just superficial ones, someone else can and will do a more thorough critique, I suppose.
- In 640*480 there is that dreaded horizontal scrollbar. I noticed that you have used a table with a width of 650 and that the 'tbl_top.gif' is 650 wide, too. If this width is a must, there isn't much that you can do about it, but otherwise I suggest that you change the width to 600.
- in 1280*1024 the right half of the screen is white. IMO you should center the whole thing, it would probably look much better. As it is now, it looks really good only in 800*600.
- the GAM animation gets tiresome after a while. I'd prefer a banner without the animation.

HTHALAL,
Sixten
---
E-mail: sixten(at)4u.net
URL   : http://come.to/sixten
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil
 is for good men to do nothing."
 - Edmund Burke