Re: Critique Fox site - commercial

by Freda Lockert <fredalockert(at)clara.co.uk>

 Date:  Tue, 5 Dec 2000 23:59:52 +0000
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>On 5 Dec 2000, at 11:36, Liz Bartlett wrote:
>

>>  I have done some tidying already - removed unecessary Flash
>>  from the footers, added a database backend, and updated content.
>>  I've also played with the META tags to some extent.
>>
>>  But I want to completely change the look, and probably the
>>  navigation too. I am interested in hearing about both the
>>  positive and negative aspects of the site - the things you like,
>>  as well as the things you hate. I'm not going to tell you in
>>  advance what I think is the biggest turn-off, but I'll be
>  > interested to see how many people come up with it!

No. 1 turnoff - the green background (yuk!).
Garish logo - too much contrast red/blue.
Fuzzy/garish nav buttons - prefer to see them cleaner/crisper and a
bit 'quieter'.
Would prefer not to see text in that orange-red colour.
All caps text is ugly especially mixed with with lower case.

Site loads fast and it's easy to find the information but the whole
site needs a more modern look. Very subjective but to me it feels
cramped, needs to be more spacious.

Freda

--
Spaceship Earth: The problem for the passengers is that there is no
manual to identify all the parts, and no instructions for the