RE: critique please

by Lorrie Eldridge <lorrie652(at)icehouse.net>

 Date:  Sat, 5 Oct 2002 15:57:16 -0700
 To:  "lori" <emaillori(at)worldnet.att.net>
 Cc:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Lori and all,

I would like to thank everyone for your very helpful suggestions, most of which I have incorporated into my site already. I may not get around to answering every comment but just know I appreicate all your help.

I  went to the library this morning and found several books on internet marketing--a skill I was sorely lacking in.

Lori said:

>Just a thought on deleting your JavaScript rollovers. If you use CSS you
>can get some of the same effects by using a:hover. It might be an option
>for adding back in a few things if you really want to avoid JavaScript.

The reason I took out the JS rollovers was because I had too many graphics on my homepage already, but as someone suggested I need to put my client samples on a portfolio page which means I can now put the JS back in.

>Your dilemma is definitely a good example for all of us to consider -
>that getting top billing in the search engines is not enough (just as
>only offering a beautiful graphic site isn't enough.). We have to
>convert top billing into potential customers clicking through to our
>site (number 1) and then once they are in the site get them to follow up
>for more information. If we can pull it all together think how much more
>valuable we will be to our customers.

I'll let you know if this works :o)

thanks for your help
Lori