Re: check of page

by Lori Eldridge <lorrie652(at)icehouse.net>

 Date:  Fri, 25 Oct 2002 12:33:50 -0700
 To:  "Robert Clendaniel" <robert(at)baylogic.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Robert,

At 11:26 AM -0400 10/25/02, Robert Clendaniel wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I have done a prototype page for a car dealership client,
>
>http://beowulf3.baylogic.com/neviaser/2002_site/aboutus_jsp.html
>
>and the client says they have Netscape 4.7 on their system and it "looks
>all cut up".  It looks OK on my NN 4.72 as well as 6.2 and IE 5.5 and
>6.0 at 800x600 and up) but it would be great if somebody could take a
>look and see what they think.

I'm using a PowerMac 8500 with NN 4.79. It looked ok on my browser but it took over 30 seconds to load with a 33.6 modem and takes forever to scroll up and down the page and when I leave and come back it takes forever to reload the page.

 It only took 20 seconds on IE 5.1 and works much better on IE 5 and it looks the same on both browsers.

Have you validated this page on W3C?

Lori