Re: Need help from Mac users

by Maureen McManus <mcman004(at)umn.edu>

 Date:  Fri, 17 May 2002 10:12:17 -0500
 To:  welch(at)units.ohio-state.edu,
Hwg-Critique <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I am fond of using the W3C css validator:
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator-text.html.

In addition, I'd recommend taking a look at a resource I've found
very useful, a css "master compatibility chart":
http://www.webreview.com/style/css1/charts/mastergrid.shtml.  It may
not be totally up-to-date, but I like the way the information is
organized, and I've been able to identify the source of a number of
css problems fairly quickly using this chart.

By the way, both http://www.units.ohio-state.edu/ and
http://www.units.ohio-state.edu/stepbystep.html look just fine on IE
5.1 for mac (at least on my machine), so it may be that only some
versions of IE for mac are creating a problem (or maybe you've
changed both pages by now?).

Maureen