Re: http://www.spectater.demon.co.uk/swell (URL WORKS!)

by "Robin S. Socha" <r.socha(at)control-risks.de>

 Date:  17 Jun 1998 22:39:43 +0200
 To:  hwg-critique(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
* Jackie Carey <jackie(at)spectater.demon.co.uk> writes:

[...]
> It's a rapid refurb I'm doing - not getting much money so it's meant
> to be simple.  However, I reckon it needs a little something. What
> do you think? The site owner loves it, but The Geyser thinks it's
> "too white".

Netscape 4.05, Linux, 1600x1200x32.

o Loads of broken links

o The images need re-doing: I would add transparency and I would
  downsize them - heavily, especially the navigation map. You just
  might even consider using a frames solution (I don't like them but
  they would make sense IMO)

o The server is slow as heck - unusual for Demon I'd say, but I only
  got ~500k

o I would run the site through a validator. Apart from the fact that
  some fonts don't even exist on any of my Dos boxes, some of the code
  looks proprietay

o "too white" is a nice understatement. Add some pix eg of the tutors
  or something

Robin

--
Robin S. Socha M.A.