Re: Review Request.

by bower(at)polarnet.com (Will)

 Date:  Wed, 24 Dec 1997 00:11:01 -0900
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
<SNIP> I would be grateful if somone with IE could
>check out the site at: http://www.focus-asia.com/home/yslee/
>
>Mainly because I heard IE and Nav do render tables differently..
>
>Thanks.
>
>Regards,
>YSL

Powermac 275mhz  64 meg RAM   24-bit 823x624 15" monitor
33.6 dialup modem    IE 3.0, NN 4.01, NN 3.0

I'm assuming from your message that you'd just like a quick overview from
someone with IE, so I'll won't bother with a "formal" review.

There are a few minor HTML coding errors on the Condolences page, including
a pair of closing BLOCKQUOTE tags, but the table seems to work ok.

I tried connecting to the Message board page, but got an "internal server
error" message.

If you're worried about creating tables that will correctly display with
both IE and NN, I'd suggest using a validation service. One of my favorites
is Doctor HTML (http://www2.imagiware.com/RxHTML/). The Doctor seems to
catch nearly all of the browser-specific tags, and is particularly good at
table coding errors (plus it's quick and free). Hope this helps. Good luck
with your page.

                                                        Will Bower