Re: Inquiry for feedback...

by bower(at)polarnet.com (Will)

 Date:  Wed, 31 Dec 1997 09:40:01 -0900
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
<SNIP>
>The site is located at:
> http://www.newenglandpc.com/
<SNIP>
>Thanks Alot!
>Keith Turgeon
>Network Administrator & Webmaster, New England PC

        Hey Keith,

Powermac 275mhz  64 meg RAM  24-bit, 832x624, 15" monitor
33.6 dialup   NN 4.03

1: Hmm... What exactly are you offering? I had to dig through a bunch of
links in the anonymous access area to find *any* information on what
services New England PC offers. Had I simply surfed onto this site, I would
have left at the second page, where nearly all of the links are password
protected. Perhaps a short introduction on the splash page or main page
would help convince visitors to investigate further.

2: Ok, I tried opening a new account. Sorry, but I refuse to give out
personal information to an unknown server when I don't even know *what* I'm
going to get in return.

        Since I can't/won't open a new account, I really can't offer any
more opinions about the site. If you do add more information about the
server, the company, and it's services to the main page, let me know, and
I'd be happy to critique it then.

                                                        Will Bower