Re: url: critique business site

by bower(at)polarnet.com (Will)

 Date:  Wed, 31 Dec 1997 22:33:30 -0900
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
        Hey Matthew,

Powermac 275mhz  64 meg RAM  24-bit, 832x624, 15" monitor
33.6 dialup   NN 4.03

>http://web.access.net.au/bentonproduction/
>
>Matthew Hayward wrote:
>
>> Dear HWGers,
>>
>> I presently have a site in the build which I need some constructive
>> criticism.  Particularly with:
>>
>> - coherence, does everything appear in the same font etc.?

        I found a couple spots where the Bold and Italic tags would
suddenly drop off. There's one on the skids.html page, last paragraph, last
sentence. All of the series titles are in bold italic, except for the
Embassy and Phoenix titles. The events.html page has the event titles in
bold italic, except for the the South Sydney Leagues Club, which is
straight text. Also, the earth.html page has quite a few small grammatical
mistakes (missing comas, for the most part).

>> - speed/load time from your end of the globe

        Excellent download times, especially since my end of the globe is
Ester, Alaska, just about 8000 miles away. :)

>> - do you think that a page counter would be appropriate?

        Ummm... my personal opinion is against page counters. Beyond not
offering any visual appeal, IME, most visitors don't care if the page has
been visited 20 times or 200000 times. If you're able to draw a visitor
into your site, do it with content, not "statistical hype". JMHO.

>> Kind regards,
>> Matthew Hayward.
>>
>> Happy new year!

        30 minutes and counting. :) This is an excellent site, Matthew.
Good job!

                                                        Will Bower