Re: Critique request

by Peggy Freeman <pfreeman(at)filedesign.com>

 Date:  Tue, 8 Sep 1998 18:56:41 -0700
 To:  "Leo Smith" <barter(at)ntplx.net>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I think the best thing in this case is to redesign the navigation of the
site (not easy, I know!) so that there are fewer rollovers on the top-level
pages. Can you nest some of the information under secondary pages? Or make
some of the links secondary branches of a tree structure and not have
rollovers on them? Just some ideas. I'm wrestling with something similar on
my site I'm redesigning.

-- Peggy

At 5:46 PM -0400 9/8/98, Leo Smith wrote:
>Hi all...
>I've designed a preliminary layout for a commercial website and would
>appreciate a critique...
>http://www.chiropractor.org/test
>One question: I used OnMouseOver script to affect the menu titles (GIF
>Files) in the left menu bar. Because there are many titles, the 46 files
>take a long time to download. Does anyone know the scripting for the
>OnMouseOver to change color for plain text such as
>rather than creating the words in a graphics program and saving as a GIF
>file, such as
>menuitem1.gif and menuitem2.gif ?
>

>Leo Smith

FileDesign Consulting