Re[2]: Internet Professionals

by Diarmuid Ryan <dpryan(at)iol.ie>

 Date:  Mon, 13 Apr 1998 21:57:36 +0100
 To:  Christopher Barrett <noc(at)socos.com>
 Cc:  "Craig T. Harding" <guide(at)ao.net>, hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
On 10-Apr-98, Clint Bradford (clintbrad4d(at)earthlink.net) said the following
about Re: Internet Professionals:

Firstly, your organization seems like a good idea.  HTML coding and graphic
design are my specialities, so your services would be of benefit.

CB>>> As far as critiquing the site: Look at the meta tags: Generator
CB>>> ="Front Page 3.0" That explains it all!

CB> What a cop out. YOU chose to use that program. There are plenty of other
HTML
CB> authoring systems available (from Freeware to Shareware to Commerical).
But you
CB> state that your chosen program has inherent flaws, yet you don't want
anyone to
CB> point them out to you? What kink of "professional organization's" attitude
is
CB> that?

I share the same opinions as you on MicroSloth FrontPage.  I looked at it and
reverted to raw code after an hour.  If you use it, you are a hippocrit.
IMHO you should swallow your pride and use it if you need it, but coming out
with comments like above only make your own work seem poor if you use it
yourself.  If you don't like it, learn the code the hard way, you won't regret
it.  You won't need to use another MicroSloth product either ;-)
This is all IMHO.
--
Diarmuid Ryan.         WWW:    http://surf.to/diarmuids.home
Learn how to create great web pages and web graphics.