Moral/religion issues

by simone(at)genesisnetwork.net (Demitrius)

 Date:  Fri, 16 Jan 1998 23:44:36 -0800
 To:  <hwg-elections(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi,

On Friday, January 16, 1998 10:46 PM Richard M. Woodward
<woodward(at)frontiernet.net> said:

>Several people have already stated that HWG should not be concerned with
>"moral/religion" issues, but I disagree.  Moreover, this is a legal
question, because >child pornography is covered by the laws of the United
States.

>HWG has officially taken a stand to support NetDay.  Do you think we (HWG)
have a >responsibility to let schools and parents know the dangers to
children on the Internet >and what steps they might take to reduce that
danger?  My concern is primarily the >easy access to pornography, especially
child pornography.

Child pornography is against the law. It is also, I believe, a concern of
many parents. As the father of 4 young daughters, I can tell you it is a
concern of mine. I is my opinion that the HWG should acknowledge that this
threat is real and does indeed occur on the Internet. I believe that the HWG
would be doing a great public service to offer information to concerned
parents about how they can protect their children from child pornography.

Regards,
Demitrius >I<