Re: Plus Membership

by simone(at)genesisnetwork.net (Demitrius)

 Date:  Sun, 18 Jan 1998 15:36:38 -0800
 To:  "Kynn Bartlett" <kynn-hwg(at)idyllmtn.com>
 Cc:  <timmy(at)whatrain.com>, <hwg-elections(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

>At 12:21 a.m. 01/17/98 -0800, Demitrius wrote:
>>At this time, I am not a plus member. That will change in the near future.
>
>Why aren't you a plus member?
>
>I'm curious as to your logic in wanting to contribute
>10-15 hours a week to this organization, and expecting to
>gain the vote of the plus members, and yet you haven't
>contributed $35 yet.

When I first came upon the HWG's website, just a little over a year ago, I
reviewed the programs offered and given that, at that time, I was not even
aware that I was going to be authoring websites, I chose to join under a
basic membership as it seemed to meet my needs. It has certainly done just
that.

Candidly, I hadn't even thought about joining at a higher level until I was
nominated to run for the governing board.

<embarrassed> Being as I've misplaced my Member ID (but I do know my
password), I will join as a Plus member just as soon I'm notified.
</embarrassed>

For the record, I already spend about 10 hours per week on the Critique list
as an active participant. Have for many months now and I also contribute to
the Graphics and Theory lists as well.

Regards,
Demitrius >I<