Re: Question for Candidates

by simone(at)genesisnetwork.net (Demitrius)

 Date:  Sun, 18 Jan 1998 15:49:59 -0800
 To:  <hwg-elections(at)hwg.org>,
"Kynn Bartlett" <kynn-hwg(at)idyllmtn.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Why should the voters believe you will
>suddenly care about the running of the Guild once you are
>on the Board, if you haven't shown any interest in it for
>the last year?

I was nominated to run for the governing board by sources unknown to me. To
this very moment, I still don't know who nominated me. Candidly, I was
flattered.

I make my living as a self-employed, one man, website developer. My time is
my own. I can state, for the record, that my active participation in the
HWG's mailing lists has made a positive difference to my business.

I saw the opportunity to be a board member as a way to "give back" to the
organization that has given me so much. And being as I'm making my living,
day in day out, as a website developer, I felt that my viewpoint could
contribute to the overall mission of the HWG.

Regards,
Demitrius >I<