Being Quoted.

by simone(at)genesisnetwork.net (Demitrius)

 Date:  Mon, 19 Jan 1998 00:14:15 -0800
 To:  <jbarchuk(at)worldnet.att.net>,
<hwg-elections(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hey Jim,

>If you reasons for candidacy are to further the HWG then you have
>merit and would probably do a very good job.

Thank you. I believe that I would.

> If your reasons are to
>just 'get elected' then your gangplank is a yard shy of the boat.

Help me out here, Jim. I'm trying to visualize this; I thought the gangplank
_started_ from the boat. Otherwise, wouldn't it just be a surfboard?! Jeeze,
I haven't even been elected and already you have me "walking the plank".
Where's my sword?

>> Now, allow me to state, for the record, my position on this (so
>> called) moral/religion issue.
>
>'So called'? I believe you 'called it so':
http://www.hwg.org/msgid/01bd231b$c25b62a0$51b4d7cf(at)simone.genesisnetw
ork.net

Nonononononono. Read it *again*!! I was *quoting* someone else!!!! I *DID
NOT* refer to it as a moral/religion issue. I stated I thought it was a
*legal* issue. I was referring to NetDay and child porn. I was referring to
acknowledging that this is a real issue and if there were concerned parents
present at NetDay, that perhaps the HWG could provide information on how a
parent could protect their child from this.

>Sorry about the wrap there, but you did start the Subject: of this
>thread.

Wrong again, correction breath. I was responding to a post. A request for
the candidate's position about that topic.

To The List: Sorry to bore you with all this. But this issue will not die.
I'd just as soon move on to the next issue. Man, where's Larry King when you
need him?!

>-Wow- you would really make a most -stunning- real life politican.

True.

>No, you did not say -exactly- any of those things

I object to an argument (debate, counterpoint, whatever) that is based on
restating the issue and then tying that issue to exaagerated assumptions in
order to reder the original issue rediculous. That tactic will not work with
me. I will call you on it every time.

>how you will work -with- the GB and -for-
>the HWG if you are elected?

To the best of my ability, of course. You can count on me being frank,
candid, direct and fearless about stating my opinion.

>State your case in plain english, stand
>up for it, and quit waffling around.

Me? Waffle? I don't think so.

>And please don't reply via email, I dropped that thread for the same
>syllable-splitting. Post to the list or not at all. If you can't
>answer a question without denying the question or asking three more
>questions, then just say so.

Let me ask you a question...

...I thought I *did* post to the list, didn't I? I also CC:'d you.

Regards,
Demitrius >I<