Re: Candidates representing me

by Deborah Adelman <dadelman(at)q-com.com>

 Date:  Mon, 12 Jan 1998 16:47:55 -0600
 To:  Ann Navarro <ann(at)webgeek.com>,
hwg-elections(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Somehow it does not surprise me that I am receiving a good deal of flack
about what I wrote, not just from Ann. I still stand by what I said.
Statements of a religious/gender/racial/political/what-have-you nature are
going to be misconstrued to be offical representations of the Guild by
some. I was told THAT when I became a list guide & that I, even responding
as a provate member when not on duty, would be seen as a representative of
the Guild & had to keep that in mind.

There are, of course, no NG about sigs. I did not say that there should be.
Nor even that he should stop using his sig. I only said that he "should
give some consideration to how some of us may feel turned off by personal
statements of a religious nature." I fail to see why it is not acceptable
for me to say that. I feel like *I* am now being attacked for expressing my
opinion. And yet I am told we all have that right. Interesting, that.

Deborah