Re: Candidates representing me

by Deborah Adelman <dadelman(at)q-com.com>

 Date:  Mon, 12 Jan 1998 17:48:31 -0600
 To:  Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg(at)idyllmtn.com>,
ann(at)webgeek.com
 Cc:  hwg-elections(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 03:31 PM 1/12/98 -0800, Kynn Bartlett wrote:
>>Guild made up of many different peoples. And how they present
>>themselves to us & others does matter. And why can't I say that? Just
>>my humble opinion. :)
>This is true, but Jimmie -- or anyone else -- doesn't have to
>modify his signature file to remove religious content just
>because not all 50,000 GB members don't believe the same

Please tell me where EXACTLY I ever said he had to modify his sig? I am
quite puzzled by this reaction from people. I . . . I was going to rewrite,
for the third time what I wrote before, but this is slightly ridiculous.
Nowhere was he asked to do anything but consider a fact.

And you & Ann can protest all you want, the GB still is seen as
representatives of the Guild. That may NOT be their role or function. I
said that that may be how others see them. So, why do *I* have to worry
about that when *I* post as a member & not an LG, when the GB doesn't? What
applies to one applies to all.

Perhaps we can get back to the issues that you all so dearly want to
discuss now? It was only a brief thought about how I felt. I can see that
that was a mistake. It is ok for Jimmie & Kynn & Ann to express themselves,
but not me, I feel. Please note, I only used the word "feel". Feelings are
subjective & may not represent reality . . . which I am certainly against. :)

Deborah

P.S. Kynn, I certainly DO encourage & even help all my colleagues who
comment on my role in the Guild to join & get involved.