Re: Candidates representing me

by Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg(at)idyllmtn.com>

 Date:  Mon, 12 Jan 1998 15:31:06 -0800
 To:  Deborah Adelman <dadelman(at)q-com.com>
 Cc:  hwg-elections(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 05:06 p.m. 01/12/98 -0600, Deborah Adelman wrote:
>At 02:54 PM 1/12/98 -0800, Kynn Bartlett wrote:
>>Kynn writes: The Guild is not run as a representative democracy, and you
>>are voting for someone to lead the Guild, not someone to represent you.

>That's as may be, Kynn, but it still stands that the GB members DO
>represent us.

No, they _don't_.  They represent the Guild -- when acting
in an official capacity -- but they do not represent individual
members.  The individual members are who are voting.

>No way out of that. I have seen the respect of my colleagues
>where I work when they learn that I am a Guild Member (like THEY couldn't
>join) & when they see I am a list guide (like that makes me anything but a
>glutton for punishment? LOL!).

Your colleagues, I fear, are misinformed perhaps -- please let
them know that they can join too?  In any case, they may be
impressed _by the Guild_, but I challenge you to find any one of
them who is impressed by -- or even cares about -- the religious
beliefs of Kynn Bartlett, Ann Navarro, Charlotte Crothers, or
Jim Barchuk.

Once more:  The Guild is not a representative democracy; you are
selecting people who you feel are qualified to lead the Guild,
not people who will be your "representative" and represent your
personal interests.

>I still say that GB members have to remember that they are governing a
>Guild made up of many different peoples. And how they present themselves to
>us & others does matter. And why can't I say that? Just my humble opinion. :)

This is true, but Jimmie -- or anyone else -- doesn't have to
modify his signature file to remove religious content just
because not all 50,000 GB members don't believe the same
way that he does.

--Kynn, my opinions aren't humble
--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn(at)hwg.org>