Re: Moral/religion issues

by Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg(at)idyllmtn.com>

 Date:  Sun, 18 Jan 1998 10:02:35 -0800
 To:  simone(at)genesisnetwork.net (Demitrius)
 Cc:  <hwg-elections(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:44 p.m. 01/16/98 -0800, Demitrius wrote:
>>I is my opinion that the HWG should acknowledge that this
>threat is real and does indeed occur on the Internet.

What actions do you think the Guild should take to "acknowledge
that this threat is real"?  Post something on our homepage?
Link to the Christian Coalition?  Pass a resolution reading
"this is a real threat!"?  Put something in hwg-news about
it?

I'm worried that while your sentiments may be real and valid
personal concerns, on a Guild level they merely could amount to
"campaign rhetoric".  I.e., only a fool would come out and say
"I SUPPORT CHILD PORN", but the issue really has _nothing_ to
do with the HTML Writers Guild or the ability to govern this
organization.

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn(at)hwg.org>
President, HTML Writers Guild