Re: a professional Guild (Was: Q for Peter)

by Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg(at)idyllmtn.com>

 Date:  Sun, 18 Jan 1998 10:43:03 -0800
 To:  Peter Knaggs <pjk(at)bcs.org.uk>
 Cc:  hwg-elections(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 05:59 p.m. 01/18/98 +0000, Peter Knaggs wrote:
>Sorry, I did all my learning from looking at the documents.  I joined
>because I wanted to know how I should fashion my "Internet Application
>Development" module to the best advantage of the students.  Needless to
>say, monitoring the Guild's output has provided me with very little help
>on this matter.

>I would say that I have learned nothing from the Guild, however, I would
>also put this down to my lack of involvement in the mail lists. [...]

Peter, do you see any value in the Guild?  You claimed you've
gotten nothing out of your membership in the HWG, and yet you
want to be on the Board for it?  Why?  What motivates you to
contribute 1,560 hours to an organization that seems worthless
to you?

This is not an attack; I'm seriously interested in your motives.

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn(at)hwg.org>
President, HTML Writers Guild