Re: Moral/religion issues

by Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg(at)idyllmtn.com>

 Date:  Mon, 19 Jan 1998 12:24:46 -0800
 To:  simone(at)genesisnetwork.net (Demitrius)
 Cc:  <hwg-elections(at)hwg.org>
>From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg(at)idyllmtn.com>
>>"I SUPPORT CHILD PORN"</snip>

*peer*

Well, there goes _my_ vote, definitely.

I didn't quote you out of context maliciously, as you did above,
dear boy.

>With regard to NetDay; the issue was brought up as to whether the HWG should
>address Child porn on the net, and what could be done by concerned parents
>to protect their children. [...]

>I Did Not propose:
>Post something on our homepage.
>Link to the Christian Coalition.
>Pass a resolution reading "this is a real threat!".
>Put something in hwg-news about it.

Then please, explain in one sentence, how exactly -- in tangible
terms, as in, an action that should be taken -- you believe the

You said, and I quote exactly:
>I is my opinion that the HWG should acknowledge that this
>threat is real and does indeed occur on the Internet. I believe that the HWG
>would be doing a great public service to offer information to concerned
>parents about how they can protect their children from child pornography.

What format would this "great public service" take?  Would you
post something on the Guild's website about this?  Would you hold
public seminars, issue press releases, or buy advertising space?
These are all ideas that have been suggested, and yet _you_ have
never actually said what you believe should be done by the Guild.

Please answer specifically and clearly what actions you mean by
the paragraph quoted above.

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn(at)hwg.org>
President, HTML Writers Guild