Re: Mailing List Ads

by Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg(at)idyllmtn.com>

 Date:  Tue, 20 Jan 1998 11:20:47 -0800
 To:  simone(at)genesisnetwork.net (Demitrius)
 Cc:  <hwg-elections(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:08 a.m. 01/20/98 -0800, Demitrius wrote:
>As a source of generating revenue, what about placing a small, text ad to
>the bottom of all the mailing list posts?

Response to this idea, when it's been presented on
-ops, has been pretty much universally negative.

I'm not pointing this out to shout down an idea -- because,
to be honest, this is not really the right forum for us
to brainstorm -- but rather as a point of information, and
something for the candidates to consider.  And also to
point out just how vitally important it is for _anyone_
who runs the Guild to be aware of the hwg-ops list and
the archives of it, especially when we're talking about
relatively recent threads.

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn(at)hwg.org>
President, HTML Writers Guild