Re: Voting

by Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg(at)idyllmtn.com>

 Date:  Fri, 06 Feb 1998 13:24:26 -0800
 To:  tcspain(at)newmail.uncc.edu (TANYA SPAIN)
 Cc:  hwg-elections(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 03:26 p.m. 02/06/98 -0500, TANYA SPAIN wrote:
>from Anne:
>>As Kynn said earlier, this isn't appropriate, as it's only a venue for
>>"well I can do that!" type of responses. That's not quality information.

>It is appropriate. It is the GB's opportunity to help the VOTERS as they
>are casting their proxies right now!

Oh, okay, then.

VOTERS, please hear me:  Don't vote for Tanya, because I don't
feel she brings anything needed to the Board, and her "you are
trying to exclude Mac users from IRC meetings" showed a large
degree of cluelessness.

If you only vote for one person, make that Gerald Oskoboiny;
not only do I personally hold him one step short of God/Tim
Berners-Lee when it comes to HTML (see, for example, his work
at http://validator.hwg.org/), but his contributions to making
the HWG work and his persistent devotion to the Guild are, in
the opinions of myself and everyone else who knows him, beyond
questioning.  Gerald Oskoboiny _must_ be re-elected; he is,
without a doubt, the Best We Have.

If you're inclined to cast your other votes, I've stated before
that Fred and Jimmie wouldn't be bad choices; I don't endorse
them as strongly as I do Gerald, but I feel that they would
be, at the very least, candidates who don't need hand-holding
and who have some clue about what the HWG is all about.

I hope this helps you vote!

Fraternally,
Kynn
Have a :) day!