Re: my responsiveness

by tcspain(at)unccvm.uncc.edu (TANYA SPAIN)

 Date:  Wed, 21 Jan 1998 13:17:43 -0500
 To:  hwg-elections(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Tanya, do you have email at home?  (As opposed to work/school?)
Yes, I have e-mail at work and connect to the same server at home.

>That's at least 50 HWG messages a day; if 108 is your capacity, it
>may make it hard for you to keep up, especially over weekends.

Let me attempt to clarify! 108 is not my message capacity on the server, it
is my capacity per "checking". Basicly, the server will only send 108
messages to my mail software, per "Check Mail" command. If it exceeds that,
I do _not_ loose mail. Instead, I have to log on to the server directly.

Joe "chimed" in:
>As a Governing Board member you will need to:
>
>* read every one of those messages
>* respond to or offer opinions on approximately 40-50% of
>  them (could be a high estimate but I doubt it)
>
>And i'm only talking about the Governing Board mailing list.  If you
>expect to be an effective Board member, you'll be subbed to a lot more
>internal/external guild mailing lists than this one.

I understand completely! I do expect to be an effective member and one
capable of participating in the discussions and decision-making processes.
What I notified the list of was simply an accident, that I wanted to
explain! I didn't want it to seem as if I had dropped out of the
discussions!

Sorry for causing alarm.
Tanya Spain