Re: Voting

by tcspain(at)newmail.uncc.edu (TANYA SPAIN)

 Date:  Fri, 6 Feb 1998 15:26:36 -0500
 To:  hwg-elections(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>I guess it's the timing that seems odd -- we've started to turn
>in our proxy ballots now, and it seems like people are still
>flailing to define their positions on the Board.

Now that you understand what I'm asking, seems to me like you'd agree the
timing is right on!

Don't you think, as voters, that we would benefit from hearing, from the
GB, what they see as qualifications that are currently lacking on the
Board? The voters have heard and seen and read probably all there is on the
candidates that presented themselves. Therefore, now, as we're turning in
proxies and making tie-breaking decisions about who to vote as 2nd and 3rd
choice, seems like a great time to share your concerns about what is
lacking.

These "factors" are important to hear from the GB. Seems like you'd want to
jump at the chance to share with voting members, now, as proxies are being
cast, the skillsets that the GB is looking for so the members can use that
info in making their decisions.

Tanya Spain