Re: GB Voting Underway

by tcspain(at)unccvm.uncc.edu (TANYA SPAIN)

 Date:  Mon, 26 Jan 1998 11:03:12 -0500
 To:  hwg-elections(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
        >There is a motion currently being voted on by the Governing
        >Board; you can find it at:
        >
        >http://www.hwg.org/opcenter/motions/

        >How would _you_ vote?
I would vote "yes"

        >What in that motion sticks out as the "important" parts?
I see the reporting structure, communcation circle and the listserve as
important parts. I also see the following excerpt as important:
"... The AC rep must represent the Guild at all required W3C functions,
whether in-person or virtual; expenses incurred while doing so will be
reimbursed by the HWG. The AC rep is responsible for coordinating HWG
access to the W3C "members only" website, in accordance with established
Guild policies (see below). The AC rep will supervise the Guild's
participation in W3C groups/projects (see below). "

        >What thought processes do you use to arrive at your decision?
I think it is very important to clearly define the responsibilities of the
appointed representative and clearly define the lines of communication
between the rep and the Guild. This is a high profile appointment, as the
rep will"be the Guild" in the eyes of the W3C. Not only is this important
to us, but it is important to our image as well.

Tanya Spain