Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: 1998 Governing Board Election Results

by jim barchuk <jb(at)jbarchuk.com>

 Date:  Fri, 20 Feb 1998 15:10:34 -0500 (EST)
 To:  hwg-elections(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Kynn and All!

>>Failing to achieve the necessary 10% quorum, the meeting was
>>unable to convene for the purpose of electing Board members.
>
> Personal opinion:  This was a damn shame, and I'm disappointed
> in our membership.  As an early proponent of elections in the
> Guild, I guess I expected too much from the members.
>
> It's discouraging.

Yes it's a bit of a shame, but I am less disappointed than surprised. So what
does it mean:

- Apathy is rampant, the membership doesn't give a rat's ass about anything,
including their elected guiding board?

- Voting doesn't mean much in the way of -plus privileges?

- Voters do care, but figure that others would probably vote the same way
they would so their vote doesn't mean much?

- FITB?

I am not discouraged WRT 'the guild' which counts for more than any election.

Have a :) day!

--
jim barchuk
jb(at)jbarchuk.com