RE: Protecting Images

by "Atticus Longwalker" <lngwlkr(at)netnitco.net>

 Date:  Mon, 8 Jun 1998 12:13:07 -0500
 To:  "'HWG Graphics List'" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Leo,
  I contacted Jasc about this watermark they supposedly have in their
program. this is the reply I received.

:-)
Bob

The best way to create a water mark is by creating a new layer and adjusting
the opacity of it to desired effects.  I will briefly list the steps for
this below.

1.  Go to COLOR>INCREASE COLOR DEPTH>16 MILLION COLORS (if this is greyed
out then it has already been done)

2.  Open your Layers pallete.

3.  Right click on the BACKGROUND layer and select promote to layer.

4.  Right click in the opne grey area on the right side of the palette
window and select new.  Click OK to the window that follows.

5.  Go to the image the you would like to be the water wark and copy and
paste it to the new layer that you created.

6.  Stretch the layer palette to the right, you will see a sliding bar which
you can use to adjust the opacity of the image.

You can learn more about layers in our Manual (look under LAYERS in the
index) or on the web at
http://wdvl.internet.com/Authoring/Graphics/Tools/PSP/layers.html