RE: Text Manipulation Question

by "Michael Gerholdt" <gerholdt(at)ait.fredonia.edu>

 Date:  Fri, 18 Sep 1998 23:47:19 -0400
 To:  "Guy Hoyle" <ghoyle1(at)airmail.net>,
<HWG-GRAPHICS(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

Does anybody know of a quick and easy way to take a line of text and
bend it into a circle? Maybe some shareware tool or something? I also
have PSP, Adobe Photoshop, Corel Photopaint, and access to several other
programs that I'm just beginning to learn.

- PSP at 16 millions of colors, IMAGE | DISTORTIONS | has a command that
will make an image circular. It makes the image into the entire circle,
though, rather than 'bending' it into the perimeter of the circle. If you
place the text properly you can get this effect, however.

- Have a look at Text Art in  Word Perfect and also in Word, if you have one
of them. You can bend the font of your choice in many ways, then copy and
paste into PSP and manipulate from there with good results after playing
with it a while.

-HTH

-Michael