RE: photoshop 5.0 and text...

by "Shay Jones" <shay(at)wcnet.net>

 Date:  Sun, 20 Sep 1998 21:39:33 -0500
 To:  "'C and P'" <enigma(at)netcom.ca>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

Hi Phil,
The answer is rather simple.  When you create the text it is placed onto
another layer - look at your layers selection and you'll see that the text
is in the layer above the last field you were working in.  The new layer
should be selected immediately after you enter your text - you can tell by
the brush in the layer window.  Now to move the text, all you do is select
the black cross with the arrow to its side on the tool bar - it's in the
upper right corner.  Position the text to wherever you want it.  You don't
have to select the text to do this

Good luck

Shay

Hello

I am sure the answer is simple and I am just missing it but...  after I use
the type tool to enter some text into my image, how do I go about moving
that text around?  I have tried the magic wand and the hand tool but I must
be missing something..  the text just sticks wherever the cursor was when I
clicked the type tool.

Very frustrating!

phil.