RE: Background colour gradients

by "Shay Jones" <shay(at)wcnet.net>

 Date:  Sun, 1 Nov 1998 12:27:13 -0600
 To:  "Esling" <esling(at)sandiway.u-net.com>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
For you background image, make a gradient image that measures 1200 pixels
wide by 1 pixel high.  Make your gradient design within that one pixel
height and label as <background=image.jpg> or whatever you label your image.
By making the image 1200 pixels wide you should be able to cover resolutions
up to 1024x768 and down to 800x600 without any problems.  Additionally, if
you make the image only 1 pixel high you will reduce the file size
considerably over unused data bits and should improve you overall
resolution.