Re: Converting GIFs to WMF

by "Gina K. Anderson" <ginakra(at)one.net>

 Date:  Sun, 24 Jan 1999 15:39:04 -0500
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I missed the original post for this thread, so I can't CC this to the
original author...archives must be a bit behind as well, couldn't find the
original post.  Anyway, there IS a program that will convert a gif file into
a wmf, sort of kinda :)  It's called Adobe Streamline.  It will import PCX,
PNT, PSD or TIFF, and export as EPS, DXF, EMF or AI, which most programs
that open WMF will open any or most of those.  You would have to convert the
gif to psd or tif before opening in Streamline.

Streamline takes a little tweaking to get what you want, but it's better
than redrawing the graphic, especially if it's a clean simple graphic.  If
the original author has any questions, email me privately, I'll help you out
if I can.

Regards,
Gina
http://w3.one.net/~ginakra/index.html

HWG: hwg-graphics mailing list archives, maintained by Web Professional Association - IWA