Re: SLimE...

by "Ramon Bartschat" <bartschat(at)goldnet.sk>

 Date:  Sun, 31 Jan 1999 10:02:20 +0100
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>For graphics,
>I recommend PhotoPaint 8.  It's good that you
>already have it.  This is one that you can learn
>with experimentation.  It also compresses GIFs
>and JPGs better than anything else out there,
>resulting in a faster website.

Althoug I love Photopaint I know that there are other graphics programms
that compress better
I had the Macromedia Fireworks demo (excellent programm too)
And it consistently compressed GIF files better that Photopaint. (Slightly
Smaller Filesize)

So if you want to squeeze the last byte out of a GIF use Fireworks.
(I still use Photopaint for everything)

Ramon