RE: rounded edges

by "Michael Gerholdt" <gerholdt(at)ait.fredonia.edu>

 Date:  Sun, 31 Jan 1999 21:44:38 -0500
 To:  "ME Echten" <rascal(at)introweb.nl>,
"html writers guild" <hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi,

I have a small answer to fit your quesion. Probably there are some filters
that will do what you want, and it's highly likely that some Jim dude has a
little program on the web that will do this and shine your shoes for you at
the same time <g>.

But doing it by hand isn't hard, and it gives you precise control.

I use PSP more than I use PS, but the essential steps would be the same.

1) Make the image lots bigger and focus on one of the corners.

2) Make the corner pixel (0,0) the same color as the background.

3) make pixels 0,1 and 1,0 a shade between the background and the color of
the square.

4) If you need another gradation, go a step closer to the square's color for
pixels 0,2 1,1 and 2,0.

5) Select and copy the square that contains all your changes.

6) Paste it to a new image, and use flip and mirror and copy and paste (back
into the original) to get the same results in the other three corners.

If you aren't satisfied, go deeper, play with the colors you chose, etc. For
more roundedness, for example, you might want to make the first three pixels
the same as the background, and work your way in further and more gradually.

Hope this helps -