RE: Graphics tablets: Yes or No?

by "Martin T Hugo" <martyh(at)erinet.com>

 Date:  Mon, 15 Mar 1999 22:45:27 -0500
 To:  "Maureen A. Barlow" <mobarlow(at)earthlink.net>,
<hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Maureen,

Well its always a matter of personal taste.  I have used graphic tablets but
I find its too easy to make mistakes.  That said, I do most of my drawing in
vector graphic progs using lines, shapes and bezier curves and then edit
using various node tools, only then converting to raster if required
(although I usually screen capture from PSP5 for better resolution).

If you really are an artist and truly draw/paint then I would think that a
tablet is a must.  If like me you just cut/paste edit and apply effects then
I would suggest you spend your hard earned cash on some good graphic
manipulation tools.

HTH

Martin T Hugo
Wilmington Computer Services