RE: Deleting/replacing a color

by "Shay Jones" <shay(at)wcnet.net>

 Date:  Fri, 23 Apr 1999 13:59:50 -0500
 To:  "Chris Hawkins" <wings(at)azstarnet.com>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
To change a color in Photoshop is a bit tricky.  Unlike PSP where you get
your indexed colors for a gif image and can select an individual color and
modify it, you have to play with this process for a bit before it becomes
easy to use.

1. Open an image (either a jpg or a gif)
2. Use the color selector to pick your color - If you want it narrowly
defined, set the Tolerance to 0-5 - whatever you need.
3. Once you have that area picked, select the Channels tab
4. In RGB mode you'll see the original colored image and three other
channels for Red, Green, and Blue.
5. At the side of the tab you'll find a triangle pointing to the right -
click it and select New Spot Channel.
6. You'll get the color of your selection
7. Click on the color and modify it to whatever you want

Another way is to do Image | Adjust | Curves and play with the curve line,
but this will change all colors simultaneously.

That's it!  Hope it helps

Shay

Bare Tranquility Designs
http://www.shay.de
shay(at)shay.de   /  shay(at)Bayou.uh.edu  /  shay(at)wcnet.net
Member of the HTML Writer's Guild
http://www.hwg.org/