RE: QOTM Question of the moment

by "Shay Jones" <shay(at)wcnet.net>

 Date:  Fri, 23 Apr 1999 21:56:16 -0500
 To:  "Cherie Haskins" <catsmeow(at)bright.net>,
"Lonna Poland" <lonna(at)granbury.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Well, a minor correction to the Jasc "expert" - GIF89A is the rule for
transparency defined by the CompuServe Graphics Interchange.  GIF87 does not
support transparency.  Interlaced allows an image to begin displaying before
all bits are received - thus what you tend to get is a scrolling effect
(ever see an image sort-of scroll onto the screen till it's fully
displayed - that's interlaced.  Non-interlaced allows the image data to
fully download before the browser displays the image - You wait a minute
then "pop" the image is there.  Transparency is better handled in
Non-Interlaced mode - thus it's always recommended that you use
Non-Interlace.  However it is supported in both Interlaced and
Non-Interlaced operations.

Shay
Bare Tranquility Designs
http://www.shay.de
shay(at)shay.de   /  shay(at)Bayou.uh.edu  /  shay(at)wcnet.net
Member of the HTML Writer's Guild
http://www.hwg.org/