Re: PS or IR file sizes with JPGS

by "Phil Yardley" <phil.yardley(at)p-inet.co.uk>

 Date:  Tue, 4 May 1999 11:52:00 +0100
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>,
"Chris Hawkins" <wings(at)azstarnet.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
PS does save preview info with PSD files, I'm not sure if it does it with
GIF or JPG..

However, just in case, you can switch off the Preview Option by

File > Preferences > Saving Files > Image Previews > Never Save

Phil Yardley
Precision Internet

<snip>
> I recently dicsovered that my files are much larger than necessary after
> compressing as much as needed.  A friend has Paint Shop Pro and
> demonstrated that he is getting much lighter (K's) in his images than I am
> with mine to get the same visual quality.  I ahve heard that PS (perhaps
> all Adobe products) adds file information such as thumbnail information to
> every file; does anyone have any experience on this and how to eliminate
> this extra data from teh image files?
> Chris Hawkins, Web Designer
</snip>