Re: Transparent bg with COREL PHOTO-PAINT 8

by "Ramon Bartschat" <bartschat(at)goldnet.sk>

 Date:  Mon, 17 May 1999 18:48:29 +0200
 To:  "Html Writers Guild Graphics Discussion Group" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Felipe

There is a special Corel Discussion list that might me of interest to you in
this case.  I am on it too.

cdug(at)cdug.com  Corel Draw User Group

write to help(at)cdug.com for full list instructions

Besides that it is very easy to make transparent GIFS.
Reduce colors and convert the image to paletted 8-bit.
"Save as" or "Export" as GIF
On the first dialog windows (GIF Export) you will see the lower section
called "Transparency"
Choose "Image color" and with the 'pipette' choose the color you want to
make transparent from the image.

There are several more options like choosing directly the color from the
color palette or by defining the masked area as transparent -if you have
defined a mask. All can be achieved in that window.

It is really very simple.

Ramon Bartschat