AW: Re: Width attribute in TD within NN (was Table Assistance)

by "Martinz" <mmartinz(at)carinthia.com>

 Date:  Wed, 26 May 1999 18:59:11 +0200
 To:  "hwg-graphics" <hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

A good solution for this width problem within the NN is to use a 1x1
transparent gif dot instead. At least thats what I always do. Just replace
the width="1" in the image tag of the transparent dot with the width you
need your <td> to be.

annie

-----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org [mailto:owner-hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org]Im
Auftrag von Darren Gerbrandt
Gesendet am: Mittwoch, 26. Mai 1999 18:09
An: Cindy Stanley
Cc: hwg-graphics
Betreff: re: Re: Width attribute in TD within NN (was Table Assistance)

> ** Original Message follows...
>
> From: Darren Gerbrandt <2nerotik(at)nisa.net>
> >1st and foremost imho... Netscape SUCKS.
> >I've run into this problem (and others) time and again with it.
> >The problem is Netscape's rigidity. It does not acknowledge the
> width="#" inside a <TD> tag, it only acknowledges it inside the <TABLE>
> tag. the only way I've been able to find around it is to insert a table
> with the intended width inside the table cell you want the information
> to appear in.
>
> I have not had that problem with tables that I produce, and use the
> width attribute in all TD tags, and they both show up good in IE and NN.
> What version of NN does this happen in? I specify the width in the TABLE
> and the TD's, and so far so good.
> --
> Cindy K. Stanley
>**------- End Original Message ----------- **

Hi Cindy,

Well I'm using NN 4.08, I thought about going to 4.51, but when I went to
their site I got this msg "You have the most up-to- date version.'  Hmm
guess 4.51 is just there to look like Netscape's being doing upgrades.

Maybe I'm defining the width wrong in the <TD> tag all this time, how have
you been using it. Because as far as I can tell I've been doing it
correctly. I've been to www.w3.com site to find this out and I came across
the information that using the width attribute in a <TD> is actually
incorrect and that it's being faded out. So we're all going to have to find
a new way of doing this if in fact this happens.

I hope they change their mind I really like being able to use it, for at
least IE at the moment.

Cheers,

Darren Gerbrandt
Business & Website:
Natural Perfection Health Foods --- http://www.naturalperfection.com
Business Email: admin(at)naturalperfection.com
Phone #: (250) 741-8190
ICQ# 26077371