RE: Raster to vector

by "Martin T Hugo" <martyh(at)erinet.com>

 Date:  Fri, 16 Jul 1999 12:14:21 -0400
 To:  <jnwhittley(at)fuse.net>,
"hwg-graphics" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I am a CAD Technician for an Engineering consultant.  Before you convert any
files to DWG format you MUST insure that your client has permission to alter
the scanned images.  Some firms distribute drawings in DSX format so that
others cannot "borrow" their work as a base for their own.

CAD Overlay will convert raster images to vector but it is a lot of work
(your client should have this software) which is probably why they are
asking you.

As an aside, if you want to show their drawings on the web use the DWF
format, it allows panning and zooming of the image, its awesome (of course
you will also have to make the WHIP viewer available on the site).

HTH

Martin T Hugo
Wilmington Computer Services
http://www.wilmington-cs.com