RE: [OT Flame] Quotes, Sigs, Ccs... (was: SEMI-TRANSPARENT GRAPHICS)

by "The Wise One!!!" <cardpro(at)zebra.net>

 Date:  Tue, 7 Jul 1998 02:19:29 -0500
 To:  "Ken Woods" <kwoods(at)kens.com>,
"Spanky,
Knight of the Clean Plate" <spanky(at)ediblebrain.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

I have snipped almost all of the following flame from Ken Woods.

After some debate about even dignifying his post with a response, I decided
the best thing to do was this:

The HWG mail lists are a professional resource. The keyword is
"professional." Resorting to vulgar language, boorish attacks and
pre-adolescent behavior is uncalled for on any level where the word
professional is involved.

My guess is that Mr. Woods had some pent up anger that unleashed itself via
the medium of e-mail and that he probably regretted it the moment he hit
"send." certainly I have done that very same thing before.

None the less, we are, or should be, here to offer help, advice and
encouragement to one another. While opinions can and do result in heated
debate, such debate does not need to degenerate into behavior such as this.

When I have found myself engaging in an e-mail blowout like this, I have
always made it a point to apologize promptly. Everyone makes mistakes. (like
Ken's web page! at kens.com)

Alan Atwood

<BIG SNIP>