RE: Switching colors?

by "Michael Gerholdt" <gerholdt(at)ait.fredonia.edu>

 Date:  Tue, 22 Sep 1998 09:53:49 -0400
 To:  "Gothbert" <jwv3980(at)UTARLG.UTA.EDU>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
James wrote:

>   What program can I use to substitute a color?  In other words if I can
>in a black and white picture and I want to substitute red for white, how
>would I go about doing that?

Many programs can do this. Paint Shop Pro is what I and many others use.

Open the file in PSP. You'll most likely need to increase color depth to
have colors other than black and white available. Once you've done this, you
can select red to replace the black in the foreground/background color
toolbar. That will leave red and white as the open colors. There is a tool
for replacing one with the other. It's quite easy, but you'll have to play
with the program a bit and get used to its interface. Once you've done that,
you can ask more specifically for help if the help file isn't sufficient.

You can download an evaluation version of PSP 5 at http://www.jasc.com

HTH,

Michael Gerholdt