RE: photoshop 5.0 and text...

by "Shay Jones" <shay(at)wcnet.net>

 Date:  Tue, 22 Sep 1998 14:58:20 -0500
 To:  "'Lonna Poland'" <lonna(at)itexas.net>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Lonna,

If you're using Photoshop, you can select the black text by doing
Select\Color Range - then delete.  You might have to expand the selection
area by 1 pixel (Select\Modify\Expand) to include the anti-aliased shading
around the character, but it's usually an effective way to separate the text
from a background.  Once separated, you may be able to use a cut and paste
method to restore the background image, or try using the rubber stamp.  If
it's an irregular pattern, try the lasso tool to capture an area of the
background and feather it by 2 or 3 pixels.  Then blend the pattern into
your background.

If you have no luck, I'd be glad to look at the graphic for you

Shay

 _______ __   __ __________  ___

Bare Tranquility Web Design
http://www.wcnet.net/shay/index.html
shay(at)wcnet.net  /  shay(at)Bayou.uh.edu
Member of the HTML Writer's Guild
http://www.hwg.org/