RE: Graphics Tablet

by "John E. Haste" <johnh(at)conwaycorp.net>

 Date:  Sun, 14 Feb 1999 03:22:24 -0600
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I've seen more than my share of the Wacom tablets in action...

The benefits far outweigh the drawbacks (IMHO).  Plus, the Wacom is a serial
device which means that if you have a PS/2 style mouse you can have your
favorite style mouse as well as the Wacom running at the same time.

It's a VERY useful tool.  What I've used it for is capturing signatures and
it's extremely accurate on a good desktop machine.

As for the mouse clicking with the Wacom, it's configurable via the Control
Panel.  You can set your double-click, right-click, left-click for anything
that you are comfortable with.

Nice product...

Thanks...
John

From: Clifford Smith <webmaster(at)electroservice.com>

>I've used a Wacom graphics tablet for several years and find it helpful in
>many aspects and a hindrance in others.  But I guess no product is 100%
>effective in every circumstance.

How do you "right click" with a Wacom stylus to capture the image or code on
a page?  Is that what you'd consider a drawback?  It's my understanding that
the Wacom is more precise for free-hand drawing and much more representative
of the artist's style who uses it.

Wendy Miller